In a note from Mark to one of our Tea Party groups in N. California,     

So...yes...I did get arrested at La Guardia today for carrying a perfectly legal, registered, unloaded handgun in temporary transit in a locked, TSA approved case.  The fun began when I declared it to the ticketing agent, and asked for the appropriate form, per procedure, from her.  I've done this all across the country, more times than I can count.

It is an outrage against liberty...and we'll be fighting it.  It's been one heck of a day, and I appreciate all the outpouring of support.  Sitting in there all day today, the idea of liberty deprived becomes much more than a theoretical one.  It ups my passion for what we do a thousand times over.  It is almost impossible to explain how it felt, on so many levels.   

Here's the official statement.  I'm afraid I can't say a lot more because it's a pending legal matter and I have to follow the lawyers instructions.  But there was no way I wasn't going to reach out to you guys personally.

"Mark Meckler, an attorney and National Coordinator for Tea Party Patriots, who holds a concealed-carry permit from the state of California, today was charged with a firearms violation at LaGuardia Airport in New York City. While in temporary transit through the state of New York in possession of an unloaded, lawful firearm that was locked in a TSA-approved safe, he legally declared his possession of the firearm in his checked baggage at the ticket counter as required by law and in a manner approved by TSA and the airline, yet was arrested by port authority for said possession."

Any support you can provide in response to blog items etc., is greatly appreciated.  This is a perfect example of our liberties under attack.  

Mark

Tags: 2nd, LaGuardia, TSA, airline, airport, amendment, arrest, control, firearms, gun, More…handgun, liberty, possession, rights, tyranny

Views: 34

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unbelievable!  Good on Mark for bringing attention to this matter that I suspect will become more and more prevalent as long as the Marxists OCCUPY the WHITE HOUSE.

Patty, I'm not a lawyer, but I worked with the NRA on passing the 1986 Federal Firearms Owners Protection Act.  Please pass this on to Mark Meckler for the Act was to protect law abiding Citizens, traveling with weapons.  I hope it helps!  

I just can't help but think about "INTENT"!   He is not the first and I do recall another gun owner that was stranded in New York trying to transfer planes but the flight was canceled.  He rec'd hotel vouchers for the night and told to return to continue his travel.  When he returned the next morning he declare his weapon again and then was arrested.  This case was thrown out but of course it cost the gun owner all the legal fees! 

To me, New York has a legal shakedown program!

We are being 'protected' from the terrorist by terrorist .   I need a new dictionary because the progressives use one where words have no meaning like I'm used to.    America -or- Obama... choose because you can't have both. 

RSS

VISITORS

BigDawg Brigade

Welcome to the BigDawg Family.

Feel free to contact one of us if you have any questions.

CO-FOUNDERS

LISA MEI & LISA DAY

CREATIVE STRATEGIST
Raymmar Tirado

BRIGADE

Tom Balistreri

Jeannie Hinck

Patty Smith

Toots Sweet

Chip Murray

Richard Gibbs

Debbie K

Chris Ross

If you have questions on the many features offered by this site, you can also find step-by-step instructions HERE.

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Lisa Mei Norton.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service